The Primary First Trust
Wainscott Primary School and Nursery
PFT Education Director
25th June 2021
Last reviewed on:
25th June 2021
Next review due by:
24th June 2022
Our Trust Values are:
Adventure - to be bold, courageous risk-takers
Creativity - to embrace ideas, demand clear- thinking and inspire innovation
Excellence - to set high standards, champion ambition and reward dedication
These values are to inform all that we do and every decision that we make
In each of our schools, we:
- Have considered the cost, the available supply sources and year-round availability of the uniform to make sure it's providing best value for money for parents
- Have ensured that the PE uniform is practical, comfortable and appropriate to the activity involved
- Carefully consider reasonable requests to vary the policy, in particular to accommodate a pupil's religion or belief, ethnicity, disability or other special considerations
- Understand that the school uniform policy mustn't directly or indirectly discriminate and should be flexible for exceptions.
- Avoid having a single uniform provider, with options to purchase items in a supermarket or other shops
- Are committed to the Halo Code - Our schools champion the right of staff and students to embrace all Afro-hairstyles. We acknowledge that Afro-textured hair is an important part of our Black staff and students’ racial, ethnic, cultural, and religious identities, and requires specific styling for hair health and maintenance.
- We welcome Afro-textured hair worn in all styles including, but not limited to, afros, locs, twists, braids, cornrows, fades, hair straightened through the application of heat or chemicals, weaves, wigs, headscarves, and wraps.
At our schools, we recognise and celebrate our staff and students’ identities. We are a community built on an ethos of equality and respect where hair texture and style have no bearing on anyone's ability to succeed.
This policy is intended to explain the uniform expectations at Wainscott Primary School. Wainscott School’s Pupil Parliament has produced this policy in order to assist parents and carers when investing in our school uniform. This uniform policy was written with the school values of tolerance, resilience, curiosity and creativity woven through it.
At Wainscott we believe every child should:
- Be proud to represent our school by wearing our uniform
- Be part of the school community
- Be safe and identifiable when on school trips
- Feel equal with our peers supporting our commitment to inclusion
- Present a smart and sophisticated image
We require all pupils to wear our school uniform, which consists of the following:
- Dark green sweat shirt or cardigan preferably with logo
- White/green polo-shirt preferably with logo
- White shirt with school tie
- Grey trousers/skirt/shorts and grey or white socks
- Grey pinafore dress with white/grey socks or tights
- Checked yellow or green summer dress
- Sensible black shoes, Velcro or laces (if your child is able to fasten them)
Required P.E kit:
- Plimsolls for inside and trainers (in a sensible colour) for outside P.E
- Black shorts/ black tracksuit bottoms
- White/green t-shirt (school logo optional)
- Black hoodie for outside
- Wainscott P.E bag (optional)
Please ensure all items of clothing are clearly labelled with your child’s name.
Jewellery and Make- Up
In the interest of health and safety, only stud earrings and watches can be worn. Stud earrings need to be removed for P.E. Make up and nail varnish should NOT be worn.
Long hair should be tied back neatly.
To purchase items of uniform bearing the school logo you can do this through Uniformbase in Chatham who are the sole supplier of these items. Uniformbase-11 Railway St, Chatham ME4 4HU Telephone: 01634 407217
We will carefully consider any reasonable requests to vary the policy, in particular to meet the needs of any individual pupil to accommodate their religion or belief, ethnicity, disability or other special considerations. Please make your requests to the Headteacher.
This policy will be reviewed by Pupil Parliament in May 2022