Separation can be a hard time for adults and children. There’s lots of support available, but often it can be difficult to find. We hope this website will help you find what you need from the many services running in Kent.
Wainscott school works hard to offer advice, support and direct interventions to families at the earliest point of identified need. We focus efforts and resources to engage parents in supporting their child’s learning beyond the school gates.
Wainscott provide support, advice and information to the families within our school community. We can help you with any worries that you may have in relation to your child's education, behaviour and wellbeing. We are also here as someone to talk to if you need it!
Advice and support is confidential although concerns relating to the safeguarding of children will always be dealt with in accordance with the school's Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy.
Support for pupils includes:
- promoting good attendance and punctuality
- promoting self-esteem and confidence
- promoting positive behaviour and positive attitudes to learning
- providing one-to-one support
Support for families includes:
- providing information and signposting to other services in the local area
- liasing with a range of external services such as housing and Social Care
- assistance in completing paperwork and forms e.g. housing, special educational needs, school places and benefits
- attendance and support at school and other agency meetings
- advice and support in promoting positive behaviour at home
- guidance with career and personal development and access to training and workshops in school
- working alongside outside agencies to provide further targetted support
Please call or email the school office on 01634 332550 to make an appointment or pop in and we will be happy to see you as soon as we can.
Please see below some community links -
Home-Start works with families in communities right across the UK. Starting in the home, our approach is as individual as the people we’re helping. No judgement, it is just compassionate, confidential help and expert support.
A Better Medway
A better Medway is a health and wellbeing service that can give advice and support around healthy eating, being active, stopping smoking and children's health.
Medway Youth Service
Medway Youth Service is an organisation that works across Medway offering various support services for young people aged 8 to 25 years old.